The JAS Assessment Service is a fee-for-service program that provides a consultative assessment of a workplace and of an individual with a disability to determine appropriate job accommodation to enable the individual to perform job duties.
The employer and the employee are provided with a report about available job accommodations specific to the unique needs of the individual and the work environment.
It is not an assessment to determine the individual's capacity to perform the duties of the job.
"The assessment respects the dinity of the person with a disability; it is conducted in a manner which recognizes privacy, confidentiality, comfort, autonomy, and self-esteem, promoting full participation in society." (Ontario Human Rights Commission, Guidelines for Assessing Accommodations Requirements for Persons with Disabilities, 1998)
When is a Job Accommodation Assessment Recommended?
A job accommodation assessment can provide input or advice on questions related to employment and disability. As an employer you may wish to request an assessment when:
- An employee becomes disabled, is returning to work or when someone with a disability is applying for a job
- An employee encounters unforeseen difficulties on the job
- An employee's work site changes
- An employee's job responsibilities or duties change
- You want to know that you are using the most current and effective job accommodations strategies
If you would like to arrange an assessment, please call CCRW at:
Telephone: 416-260-3060 ext. 224
Toll-free: 1-800-664-0925 ext. 224
or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.